Brewery in Planning Membership
Whether you’re currently in the planning, development, or construction phase, our Brewery in Planning Membership is open to any prospective brewery or brewpub in the state of Texas that does not yet hold a Brewer’s Notice, is not yet selling beer, and whose brewery project will meet the membership definition below:
Small – Annual production of 2 million barrels of beer or less. Production includes any beer produced by or for the Texas brewery or breweries, and breweries outside of Texas that are a part of the same controlled group of breweries for purposes of determining eligibility of the Texas brewery or breweries for the federal beer excise tax rate.
Independent – The brewery is not partially owned or controlled directly or indirectly by an alcoholic beverage industry member that does not otherwise qualify under this section.
Traditional – A brewer holding an approved and currently effective Brewer’s Notice and associated register number issued by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) that sells at least 5 barrels of beer brewed with traditional or innovative ingredients annually. Traditional beer ingredients are hops, malt, and yeast.
Got a question about membership?
- Plug into your local Guild region within the state (Central Texas, North Texas, Houston, San Antonio, East Texas, South Texas, Heart of Texas, and West Texas/Panhandle) and attend monthly Guild Gatherings hosted by rotating breweries in each region*
- Lend your voice to the Guild’s craft beer advocacy activities at the state capitol by joining the legislative committee and getting involved with CraftPAC
- Access the member dashboard and add up to 99 staff users to your account for free to maximize your connections and use of resources within the Guild
- Access our members-only forum where brewery owners and staff trade/sell ingredients, discuss equipment, share vendor recommendations, problem solve, share brewery promotions, find help with TABC issues, post job opportunities, and more. Use the forum to connect with and learn about Allied Trade members who offer products and services to craft brewers
- Access customized, comprehensive, high-quality employee benefits programs for as few as 2 employees through our partnership with WinStar Insurance Group.
- Register to attend the Guild’s conferences and educational events including: Annual Meeting (members-only), Texas Brewery Roundup (substantial member discount available), webinars, etc.
- Stay up to date on industry news with Guild email updates & monthly newsletters
- Get your brewery listed on the Guild’s online member listing
- Network with fellow brewers from all over the state and contribute to the craft brewery community
- Access pathways to becoming an industry leader by serving on committees and running for the Guild’s board
Additional benefits available to your brewery upon opening:
- List your brewery in Texas Brewery Passport™, the official app of the Texas Craft Brewers Guild, an exclusive benefit only available to operating Guild member breweries
- Identify a Voting Member at your brewery to participate in official Guild action and Board member elections
- Create ticketing for your brewery events at no direct cost through our partnership with Ticket Sauce
- Participate in Guild-run beer festivals and consumer-facing Texas craft beer promotions like the Texas Craft Brewers Festival and Small Business Saturday Keep-the-Glass event
- Pay less for secure, refrigerated group shipping for your brewery’s World Beer Cup and GABF beer entries
- Receive a Guild logo tin tacker and window cling for your taproom
*Annual and monthly events may be in-person, virtual, rescheduled, or cancelled depending on current public health guidelines.
Please note that all applications are reviewed by TCBG staff for approval. Access to the TCBG website and member content may not be immediately available after you have completed your application.