Website Walking Stick Brewing Company
A Texas brewery with Rocky Mountain roots.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Walking Stick Brewing Company Inc. is looking for an Assistant Brewer to join our brewing family in Garden Oaks. This is a full-time position with a brewery in its third year of operations that is realizing a growth surge as we emerge out of the turbulence of 2020. Compensation will be at an hourly rate commensurate of experience level of the applicant. Our ideal candidate is responsible, creative and will contribute in meaningful ways to growing the business. The candidate must have a flexible schedule with the occasional weekend shift. An understanding of brewing and fermentation science is a must. Experience in commercial brewing is also important. You will assist in the operation of ten-barrel brewery with an eye toward optimizing our processes in order to maximize output, given our four, ten-barrel fermenters and six, ten-barrel brite tanks. The cellar man and Assistant Brewer will be working together in the brew house. Must be a team player. Beer will be sold on site from our tap room as well as distributed in kegs. The plan for 2022 is to add a canning line as well.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, ASSISTING THE HEAD BREWER WITH:
• Ensuring quality and integrity of our beer
• Assisting Head Brewer brewing beer according to recipe specifications
• Assisting with prep work, including milling, mashing, boiling, cooling, transferring and packaging beer
• Keeping the facility clean and functional
• Performing any necessary maintenance, including equipment inspection
• Completing accurate paperwork as needed
• Working with the head brewer/owner/cellar man to make adjustments and improve processes in the brew house
• Keg tracking and monitoring
• Raw material inventory and handling
• Representing Walking Stick Brewing Company at various events, festivals and promotions.
• Following all brewery and WSBC policies and procedures and follow current developments in local, state, and federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe food handling, health standards etc.
• Assist with labeling all kegs and other packaged product in accordance with federal and state law using appropriate keg collars, labels and date codes.
• Reporting all equipment problems to the head brewer/owner/GM.
• Assisting with ensuring the entire brewing facility including brewery, tanks, mill, counters, equipment, sinks, supplies, packaging line, shelving and storage areas are clean and comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards at all times. Make recommendations to head brewer/owner for maintenance, repair and upkeep of facility and all equipment.
• Cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Demonstrable knowledge of the brewing process
• Previous brewing experience in a similar position at a brewery
• Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights and or weekends.
• Must have own vehicle, valid Driver’s License, current insurance coverage and clean driving record.
• Must be at least 21 years of age and have proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
• Strong communication skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, is punctual and contributes to improving the business. • Computer skills in basic MS office products and ability to learn standard software packages employed by the business.
This position requires the regular use of a computer, printer, copier, telephone, scanner, calculator, POS Systems (at events,) keg washer, forklift, centrifugal pumps, digital and analog scales, grain mill, hydrometer, refractometer, various brewing and lab equipment as well as the handling pressurized gases. Arryved and Ekos systems are utilized as POS and brewery management tools.
Physical and mental requirements:
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle or feel, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, crawl or bend, and perform repetitive motions of the hands and/or wrists.
• Ability to exert up to 55 pounds of force and occasionally 165lbs (with assistance)
• High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product. AND/OR Extremely close visual attention such as making delicate adjustments to control high speed operations to exercise very precise muscular control.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker may be exposed to inside environmental conditions that include extreme heat or cold, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery. While safety precautions are always utilized, breweries remain dangerous work environments. Breweries are not office environments.
• All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
• The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
• This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com