We’re growing our brewery production team and looking for a cellar person/ production assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate is hard working, creative and detail oriented…with a passion for craft beer and community!
Vista’s beer program celebrates traditional recipes using Hill Country ingredients, with a range of styles including easy drinking beer garden brews, unique collaboration projects and an award-winning wine barrel aging program. The cellar lead will have the opportunity to work on both clean beer styles and barrel aged projects.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to team @ vistabrewingtx.com.
- Positive attitude, team player mentality and an honest work ethic
- Knowledge and passion for the craft beer industry and brewing science
- Mechanically inclined with a problem-solving attitude
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Forklift experience preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean & fill kegs and perform keg washer maintenance
- Mill grain as needed, perform mill maintenance as needed
- Rack beer as directed by Brewmaster
- Clean fermenters, brite tanks, serving tanks
- Clean and organize brewery
- Carbonate finished beer as directed by Brewmaster
- Packaging of finished beer as directed by the Brewmaster
- Cleaning and organizing of cold room
- Cleaning of beer lines and proper record keeping of cleaning
- Coordination of pulling beer for wholesale
- Shipping and receiving as directed by Brewmaster
- Forklift operation and maintenance of forklift
- Ability to lift and move 150# kegs
- Be on your feet for up to 8 hours a day
- Tolerate cold, hot, wet, loud conditions
- Safely handle chemicals
- Safely work around machinery and moving parts
Benefits and Perks
- Attractive hourly rate based on experience, 40 hour per week role
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available for the right candidate
- Positive and fun company culture, including team building activities
- Ongoing training and development, including sponsored certification courses and the ability to learn from our onsite farm, apiary and culinary programs
- Sponsorship to join industry groups such as the Texas Craft Brewer’s Guild and the Pink Boots Society
- A beautiful work environment, including Hill Country sunsets galore!
- Free beer! Discounts on shift meals and merchandise.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to team @ vistabrewingtx.com. Vista Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Vista Brewing Vista Brewing is a destination brewery in the beautiful Hill Country town of Driftwood, just southwest of Austin. The 21-acre ranch includes a brewery & tasting room, farm-to-table restaurant, 1-acre organic farm, apiary, live music, walking trails and private event spaces. Vista’s beer program celebrates traditional recipes using Hill Country ingredients, with a range of styles including easy drinking beer garden brews, unique collaboration projects and an award-winning wine barrel aging program. Vista also offers a curated selection of wine & cider along with a full lunch and dinner menu. The Vista Grill sources proteins from local ranchers, including those who we work with to feed Vista’s spent brewing grain, and strives to source as much as possible from local purveyors. Vista’s onsite vegetable farm provides much of the veggies used in our menus, and all dishes rotate seasonally. Vista Brewing was named “Best New Brewpub in Austin” from the Austin Beer Guide in 2018, “Brewery of the Year” from CultureMap Austin in 2019 and Best of ATX from Austin Monthly in 2021. Vista won “Best Limited Release Beer” from the Austin Beer Guide for two years in a row for Rosanna (2018) and Stonewall (2019). Stonewall (2020 & 2022), Hive Mind (2021 & 2023) and Dark Skies (2022) were awarded the national Good Food Award, which takes into account local sourcing of ingredients and sustainable business operations. Vista also operates an All Day Café & Tap Room in the heart of San Antonio.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com