Location: Dallas, Texas
Email Cover letter and Resume to info@TexasAleProject.com
The Texas Ale Project is on a mission to refine some of the greatest American craft beer traditions that have been influenced by the last 8,000 years of brewing culture. Thoughtfulness, dedication and pure excitement of handcrafting ales are the reasons Texas Ale Project exists today. We are seeking an experienced Brewer/Cellarman II who will be responsible for the overall production of independent craft beer for Texas Ale Project. The functions of this position will be performed under little or no supervision and ensure that all quality standards are adhered to in making our beers.
If you want to be a part of this fast-growing craft brewery, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Brewer/Cellarman II” in the subject line. Include a cover letter or an email explaining your interest in this role
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- CIP/SIP, malt milling, operating brew house, wort transfers, yeast pitching, fermentation monitoring, filtration
- Monitoring of core brand individual batches and fermentation of individual tanks of beer, records batch performance and raw material quality & performance
- Cellar tasks including CIP/SIP of fermentation vessels and brites, finished beer transfers, general cleaning, sanitation and sterilization techniques and beer tasting
- Accurately follow all Brewhouse/ Cellar SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional team, including production team to plan and manage production of product
- Operate manual and automated equipment while maintaining quality standards
- Operate forklifts and other operating equipment
- Routine cleaning/maintenance of brewing and cellar equipment
- Ordering of raw materials
- Performs other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education:4-year degree in Fermentation Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or similar science focused degree program or graduation from an accredited brewing program is a plus
Minimum Work Experience:
- 1-2 years production brewing, 35-barrel brew house preferred, minimum of 7-barrel brew house experience required
- 1-2 years of experience in cellar tasks required
- Packaging experience preferred
Skills & Capabilities:
- Strong mechanical and math problem-solving aptitude required
- Brewery operations and knowledge of specific beer process terminologies required
- A background in recipe development and quality control procedures – creating new recipes for the TAP room.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Comfortable working with chemicals and maintaining adherence to safety standards
- Ability to work a variable shift schedule as needed, which may require 12-hour days, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Overtime must be approved
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk during shifts
- Must be able to lift-up to 75lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Texas Ale Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org