Website St Elmo Brewing Company
St Elmo Brewing Company is seeking a qualified and talented Head Brewer to join our team! The ideal candidate has previous experience leading a team of brewers. The most important requirement is someone who is truly driven and passionate about all things beer and brewing. A little about St. Elmo and the brewing team: Opening our doors in South Austin in 2016, our primary focus has always been on quality, methodical growth, and community. Our brewing team is a tightly-knit group of awesome people that share in all aspects of creating our beer. Our brewhouse is a 15bbl system that currently produces 3000 bbl annually. We’re currently expanding our footprint to include a new brewery in Northeast Austin. However, this position will be responsible for managing our current location.
First and foremost, this will be a leadership position. Self-motivation, passion for learning and growing are a must. This position includes brewing/brewhouse operation, cellar operations, fermentation monitoring, scheduling and recipe writing/maintenance with the Director of Brewing Operations, ingredient management, effective communication with the rest of the brew team, and some packaging. We are a small team and all production employees are expected to contribute to each step of the brewing process. As a leader, the ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and set a positive example for the rest of the team. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be interested in all styles of beer, learning new techniques in brewhouse/cellar operations, and continuing their education within the industry to continually improve their own skills and St. Elmo’s beer.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Brewhouse Operation and wort production
- Cellar CIP Operations – CIP all tanks, hoses, packaging equipment.
- Lenticular Filtration operations
- Handle and manage team for day-to-day operations and communicate effectively with Director of Operations
- Scheduling with Director of Operations and day-to-day workload division among brewers/cellar team
- Monitoring fermentation from start to finish, monitoring yeast health, cell counting for viability/vitality
- Sensory analysis and insight of all beer in process
- Adhere to all SOP’s and contribute to continuous improvement of processes
- Maintain a clean brewhouse and cellar, and initiate systems to improve the space
- Communicate professionally with all coworkers and management
- Proficiency in Google Workspace/Sheets is Necessary
- Ability to operate a forklift/pallet jack to maintain our warehouse and cold room
- Familiarity with draft systems and keg components, dispensing, and cleaning processes
- Raw Material/Inventory management and ordering
- Come to work with an open and curious mind that is ready to learn
- Have true passion for making the highest quality beer possible
- Competitive Pay based on experience
- Paid Time off (3 weeks per year)
- Paid Sick Time off (5 days per year)
- Paid Holidays (Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Typical day is 8 hours that ranges between 7am – 8pm (Monday to Friday, occasional weekend half-days)
- Inclusion in company trips to events like GABF, TCBF, Hop Selection, and the World Beer Cup
- Delicious, FREE BEER!
- Opportunity to create your own beer recipes on a production scale!
This position is available now. Our team is growing rapidly and we are looking for enthusiast brewers to grow with us into leadership roles soon!
All interested applicants please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com