What you’ll do:
Work independently and provide direct support to our head brewer in all facets of brewing operations.
Typical working hours will be Monday through Thursday (with occasional brew days on Friday mornings)
We can talk hours, but want someone able to be there at least 30+ hours/week.
Who we are:
Plateau Brewing Co is a taproom and brewery located in San Angelo, TX. We strive to make quality beers utilizing west Texas ingredients like mesquite beans, prickly pear fruit, and the like. We opened in fall of 2021, and have been so embraced by our local community that we’re looking to grow our team. As we look to expand our sales from primarily taproom focused to increased distribution, we’re looking to add another brewer to the team. We run on a 10bbl steam jacketed brewhouse and are on track to produce ~500bbls in our first full year.
Who you are:
Someone with a passion for making great beer. You have an in-depth understanding of how beer goes from grain to glass. You have at least 1 year experience in a commercial brewery. We are willing to develop the right candidate to get them to the next level, but need at least a bit of experience. This position requires good teamwork/communication skills, a hard work ethic and a desire to learn the little details that help in the creation of great beer. It’s brewing, so you can expect long hot and often wet days, spent cursing and moving heavy things around. Forklift certification is always a plus (in life as in this job) but we’ll get you there if you aren’t.
· Preparing and staging for brewdays (weights and measures)
· Beer production on 10bbl steam jacketed brewhouse (graining in/out, mash, boil, xfer, etc.)
· Management of beer throughout the fermentation process (dry hopping, managing fruit and other adjunct additions, fining, cold crashing)
· Filling, moving, staging and cleaning of kegs
· General cleaning, including CIP of fermenters and brewhouse as needed
· Developing your own recipes on our pilot system (to hopefully scale to large system)
· Occasional delivery of kegs and cleaning of draft lines for our local bar and restaurant accounts
· General maintenance
· Occasional help serving and talking about beer at events
· Following all health and safety protocols when working with dangerous chemicals
Compensation is dependent upon experience
Workers Comp Insurance included
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org