Website Off Main Brewing
Kerrville's boutique craft brewery
Are you as passionate about craft beer and wine as you are delivering an exceptional guest experience?
Do you love educating people on all things beer, wine, and food?
Are you a team player with a positive attitude who wants to grow their career in the craft beer or wine industry?
This role might be for you!
ABOUT OFF MAIN BREWING
Off Main Brewing is an award-winning independent boutique craft brewery in the Texas Hill Country with a tasting room in Kerrville, as well as a mobile taproom that serves custom craft beer and wine at private and community events. Off Main Brewing believes in building upon craft beer’s historic legacy while reimagining the taproom experience. For more, visit http://www.offmainbrewing.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Tasting Room Associate will often be the first touchpoint a guest has with Off Main Brewing. For that reason, this position is vital to the Off Main Brewing team. Reporting to the General Manager, the Tasting Room Associate will be responsible for greeting, serving and educating guests on craft beer and wine in the soon-to-be tasting room in downtown Kerrville, TX – making the taproom experience nothing short of exceptional. As part of a team, this person acts as a brand ambassador while enhancing the guest’s overall experience through education, friendly conversation and smooth service. In addition to routine duties, the Tasting Room Associate will take pride in ensuring that the beers are being served at their absolute best, and that any unforeseen issues are addressed quickly. The Tasting Room Associate will be growth-minded and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while not compromising the quality and elevated service Off Main Brewing represents. This person will be expected to learn the general craft beer and wine production process, guide guests to beverages they would enjoy, explain differences in style, and be educated in our beer and food menus and how to pair them. Additionally, this person will be responsible for the safety of guests, adhering to all TABC regulations. Lastly, the Tasting Room Associate will be instrumental in continually driving efforts to improve processes and deliver a memorable guest experience through providing continuous feedback and suggestions for optimization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
· Assume a variety of responsibilities within the taproom. Ex: serving, delivering food, maintaining cleanliness in all areas, maintain proper amount of glassware, stock beer and merch
· Educate guests on Off Main Brewing’s story, craft beer, wine and food pairings
· Assist with preparing the new tasting room for its grand opening
· Assist with opening and/or closing of the taproom (setting up and closing down POS, ensuring that the taproom is clean and ready for patrons, addressing any unforeseen needs)
· Assist in ensuring all taps are well maintained and pouring appropriate selection of beer
· Ensure quality of beer and food available in tasting rooms meet the company’s high standards and notify management of any issues or inconsistencies.
· Have a safety-first mindset and be aware of guest consumption, following all alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests
· Comply with standard working procedures
· Ensure a safe experience for guests by adhering to TABC, Department of Health and other safety regulations
· Assist with executing special events
· Implement operational business improvements – provide feedback and input on a consistent basis
· Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
· Preferred prior taproom, tasting room, hospitality or restaurant experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of craft beer, including basic understanding of beer production (Cicerone Beer Server or similar certification preferred)
· Attentiveness to guests, ensuring their needs are met in a timely and cheerful manner
· Attention to detail – well-educated on brewing practices, processes and menu.
· Willingness to complete Cicerone beer server certification, TABC and Food Handler certifications
· Tech savvy with basic familiarity of handheld POS systems
· Ability to adapt to and handle unanticipated problems as they arise
· Personable – can communicate well and articulate the Off Main Brewing vision in an approachable manner
· High level of customer service responsibility
· Growth, entrepreneurial mindset – desire to expand career in industry and ability to take the initiative beyond assigned duties
· Must be at least 18 years of age with the ability to serve beer and wine to Off Main Brewing guests
· Flexibility with schedule, including the ability to work nights, weekends and an occasional holiday
· Ability to lift 45 pounds
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining positive and courteous attitude
· Ability to communicate in a knowledgeable, professional, and gracious manner to all guests in the tasting room
· Ability to move kegs, handle glassware, deliver food, and multitask with multiple tables
· Aptitude for and desire to learn the mechanical workings of taproom equipment in order to address problems quickly and efficiently
· Prior taproom or bartending experience
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
· Exceptional, family-friendly working environment with owners who are passionate about the business, the community and your individual growth
· Competitive compensation with opportunity for bonus based on sales performance
· Involvement in building tasting room experience from the ground up
· Ample learning and growth opportunities
· Valued and appreciated for your contributions
· Provided with mentorship and learning opportunities as they pertain to craft beer, wine and business management
· Generous employee discounts
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org