Website Funky Picnic Brewery & Café
Craft beer and quality food for every taste
Funky Picnic Brewery & Café is a brewpub in the South Main Village of Fort Worth, TX. We are looking for a Head Brewer to add to the Funky Picnic family as our original head brewer leaves us on October 16th to continue to grow in his career. We are looking to interview and hire quickly in order to maximize the overlap and facilitate a smooth transfer in brewing operations.
Funky Picnic is a small-batch brewery in the heart of a family-friendly restaurant. Our brewery operates on a 7-BBL direct fire ABE system with a 1-BBL Ruby Street pilot system with an output of 250-500 BBLs/yr.
We are looking for a team member who will create innovative and quality beers to fill our 23-taps and 4-pack cans with craft beer for every taste. Funky Picnic’s first focus is on serving customers in-house with a growing focus on 16-oz packaging and keg distribution. Funky Picnic is also invested in educating the community with brewing demonstrations and classes, knowledgeable staff, and a menu that brings brewing ingredients into the kitchen, and inspiration from the kitchen into the beers.
The Head Brewer is responsible for all aspects of the brewing and cleaning process, as well as working with the Chef to maintain a cohesive beer and food menu. As a face of Funky Picnic, our grain-master will share the Funky Picnic vision of craft beer by serving our community with education, experience, and variety. The Head Brewer will have a strong collaborative spirit, working with the kitchen staff, serving staff, and other local businesses to produce a creative and inclusive line-up of beers. With limited support from a part-time cellarperson, the Head Brewer will need to display strong leadership and independence, communicate effectively, and be an all-around badass.
· Brew House Operations – all responsibilities of wort production; including milling, mashing, boiling, grain-out, inventory management, clean-in-place (CIP), and detailed record keeping
· Cellar Operations – all responsibilities for fermentation and conditioning management; including quality control & management, tank CIP & sanitation, dry-hopping, yeast management, transferring, and detailed record keeping
· Packaging Operations – Kegging, keg washing, canning & bottling
· Recipe formulation and development
· Inventory management and purchasing of raw materials, including grain, hops, yeast and chemicals
· With support of bar staff, maintain proper draft line cleaning and maintenance at the bar
· Maintain a sanitary environment, including floors, walls and tanks
· Represent Funky Picnic at local events and festivals
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 2+ years Commercial Brewery experience, with 1+ years as Assistant/Head Brewer
· Safely handle caustic and acidic chemicals and sanitizers
· Physical strength, flexibility and stamina required – ability to move at least 55 lbs; Going up and down stairs; Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Self-motivation as well as ability to work efficiently as part of team
· Strong problem solving, mechanical & electrical troubleshooting skills
· Multitasking & time management skills
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Industry education and/or certification (Siebel, Master Brewers, etc)
· BJCP/Cicerone certification
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
· Salary Range $40,000 – $50,000 (dependent on experience & qualifications)
· 15 days Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Full Coverage Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
· Branded Merchandise allowance
· Meal & Beer Compensation Program
· Continuing education opportunities
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with current resume and references.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com