Website Frontyard Brewing
Family friendly brewery nestled in the Texas Hill Country.
Frontyard brewing is looking for a self-motivated team player who works well with others while possessing personal drive and a can-do attitude. This individual will be stepping into the head brewer position for one of Austin’s up and coming craft breweries, where they will be responsible for maintaining the current lineup of beers as well as be tasked with adding their own creative spin to additional ongoing, seasonal, and rotating beers.
Education – A degree from an accredited brewing school is preferred or equivalent experience. The position does require the ability to read and write English fluently, and the ability to perform advanced business mathematical functions.
Experience – 4+ years of brewing experience in microbrewery with supervisory experience being desired. Knowledge of general brewing practices required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook) strongly recommended. Familiarity with Ekos Software, or a comparable inventory management software package, is beneficial.
Skills – The position requires the ability to work well with associates while effectively completing assigned tasks in a timely manner. In addition, the position requires the following:
· Possess a high level of beer sensory and beer production knowledge.
· Strong understanding of CIP/Sanitation processes.
· Experience with raw material procurement and ordering.
· Knowledge of the 3-Tier distribution system as it relates to the state of Texas.
· Experience with TABC compliance.
· Ability to forecast, schedule, and manage beer production from brewhouse through packaging.
· Ability to work and communicate well with staff, customers, wholesalers, retailers, and outside parties.
· Understanding and ability to handle TABC and TTB monthly reporting as well as all aspects of inventory management and reporting.
· Ability to create weekly schedules for brewing/beer transfer/kegging and staff/timing to meet production time/demand.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Ability to problem solve issues.
· Basic understanding of data processing
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Calculator and computer keyboard proficiency
· Professional image
· Ability to work in a team environment or independently, as needed.
Attendance – The position requires the ability to work Monday through Friday, 52 weeks of the year. The position also requires the flexibility to work beyond 40 scheduled hours per week to meet deadlines as required by management.
Licenses – A valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance is required.
Equipment – The position requires individuals to have access to a vehicle and must have the ability to drive without jeopardizing the safety of customers, vendors or fellow employees. Experience with a three vessel brewhouse as well as 15 and 30bbl fermenters and brite tanks is required. Having worked with Premier Stainless Equipment would be beneficial but not required.
Physical – Able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces. Able to work in hot, cold, and wet environments. Able to climb stairs/ladders, work at heights above 12 ft., and lift 55 lb bags as well as push/pull up to 170 pounds. Able to work on wet/slippery floors as well as with hazardous chemicals. Able to drive a vehicle and stand for prolonged periods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Great attitude and a passion for both craft beer.
2. Adhere to all safety procedures and policies.
3. Must be tidy and able to keep brewery floor clean and free of debris as well as organized and ready for tours/visitors/events on weekends.
4. Maintain brewery, state and federal compliance, inventory, and brew sheet paperwork.
5. Operating knowledge of all brewing equipment, with technical proficiency performing routine maintenance on equipment and troubleshooting.
6. Responsible for all purchasing & accounting for brewery; monitor brewery budget.
7. Provide weekly product forecast.
8. Evaluate and monitor beer and raw materials involved in brewing.
9. Brew original beers according to demographics and promotional needs.
10. Understanding of beer flavor defects and their causes.
11. Understanding of beer chemistry and biology.
12. Operate brew equipment to maintain acceptable inventory of raw materials and finished goods.
13. Supervise cleanliness & sanitation of all equipment, tanks, and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
14. Maintain fundamental knowledge of plumbing and machinery mechanics/maintenance.
15. Beer brewed according to Frontyard Brewing brand standards and philosophy, as need dictates.
16. Conduct on-going research into industry trends, technical parameters, and local market specialties to ensure product offerings stay relevant.
17. Train & test staff in beer knowledge at monthly meetings.
18. Participate in beer dinners and festivals, guest relations and marketing, promotions, and charitable events.
19. Design and conduct brewery tours.
20. Participate in guild affiliations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org