Fast Friends Beer Co.
Fast Friends Beer Company, located in South Austin, is a brewpub built on the ethos of inspiring people to DO/good, LOVE/big, and LIVE/now. We aspire to be a beacon of positivity and a happy place for human connection.
Fast Friends is looking for compassionate, dynamic, and service-oriented individuals to join the Fast Friends family and help co-create an experience of authentic community and a culture of belonging on our campus. A demonstrated commitment to and passion for collective wellness is a must.
Resumes only offer a snapshot of your education and job history, and at Fast Friends Beer Company we want the bigger, more holistic picture. What’s REALLY important to our team is to meet YOU face-to-face, share what Fast Friends Beer Company means to each of us, deeply listen to YOUR personal and professional aspirations, and see if we would be a good fit for each other. If you read through this job description and get excited about the possibility of growing with us, we look forward to hearing from you!
To prepare and produce all food products according to recipes and SOPs. Follow and maintain food safety standards and regulations. Responsible for preparing and executing doughs and pastry items according to restaurant standards. Maintain good communication with other kitchen staff.
●Check prep lists
●Prepare doughs according to recipe and SOP
●Bake pastry items according to standards and baking knowledge
●Properly label and store prepared products
●Must be knowledgeable on pastries and dough production.
●Produce large amounts of Pizza dough, Pretzel dough and other pastry items
●Communicate with Kitchen Managers any products needed
●Follow stations’s opening and closing procedures
●Assess station’s product inventory and prep needs.
●Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area
●1 year of pastry experience
●Knowledge of all cooking and preparation equipment
●Ability to lift 50# bags
●Ability to stand and move at a fast pace for long periods of time
●Food Handlers Certificate
Personal attributes, knowledge and skills, Attributes
●Sense of humor
●Empathy and compassion
●Creative problem solving
●Deep listening and attentive presence
●Friendly disposition and gracious attitude
●Derive joy and fulfillment in being of service to others
●Values and practices self-care
●Basic knowledge of craft beer, including styles and flavors OR enthusiasm to learn and grow knowledge.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills, including being an active listener, giving full attention to guests’ and team members’ questions, concerns, and/or requests, as well as the ability and desire to engage with people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
● Technical – computer proficiency, especially point-of-sale systems.
Physical requirements and demands
● This is a highly physical position and requires team members to walk, climb, lift, bend, kneel, reach, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb throughout their shifts.
● Must be able to be on their feet for up to 8 hours in a hot, wet, humid, cold, and loud environment.
● Work with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials.
● Perform repetitive motions, especially of the hands and/or wrists.
● Work in both hot and cold temperatures.
YES! You should still apply if…
● you don’t have a lot of formal education. The right skills and the desire to learn are more important.
● you don’t have prior experience in the craft beverage industry. Our team would love to introduce you to our space and the industry.
● you have been formerly incarcerated. Your past circumstances don’t dictate your future potential.
● you think you are “sort of” qualified but not 100% qualified. Don’t sell yourself short, apply now!
The Fast Friends Guaranteed Healthy Living Wage evolved out of our company’s ethos, which centers the health and wellbeing of our community, from our in-house team to our guests.
Compensation: $18-$20p/h based on experience
Hours: 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week
Benefits: Health Insurance (vision & dental) after 60 days of employment. Gym/Wellness Break. Meal Break
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com