Fast Friends Beer Co.
Fast Friends Beer Company, located in South Austin, is a brewpub built on the ethos of inspiring people to DO/good, LOVE/big, and LIVE/now. We aspire to be a beacon of positivity and a happy place for human connection.
Fast Friends is looking for compassionate, dynamic, and service-oriented individuals to join the Fast Friends family and help co-create an experience of authentic community and a culture of belonging on our campus. A demonstrated commitment to and passion for collective wellness is a must.
Resumes only offer a snapshot of your education and job history, and at Fast Friends Beer Company we want the bigger, more holistic picture. What’s REALLY important to our team is to meet YOU face-to-face, share what Fast Friends Beer Company means to each of us, deeply listen to YOUR personal and professional aspirations, and see if we would be a good fit for each other. If you read through this job description and get excited about the possibility of growing with us, we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Description: To establish the maximum operational efficiency and food quality of the kitchen. The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all kitchen personnel and their training. Must set an example to other employees through work habits, standards and mannerisms. Must oversee the prep cooks and line cooks, with preparation and execution of menu items. Responsible for health and safety regulation enforcement. Maintain a consistent and open communication with AM/PM Kitchen Manager, Kitchen Admin, and FOH staff.
● Assess kitchen opening procedures
● Train kitchen staff on SOP
● Check in with bakers (prep counts for pizza dough)
● Check in with prep cooks; prep items, counts, ingredient pars
● Asses daily and weekly volumes
● Communicate to FOH counts and menu details.
● Conduct daily line up with the kitchen team.
● Conduct weekly meetings with PM kitchen Manager, and Kitchen Admin.
● Supervise food order execution and presentation.
● Store food products in compliance with safety practices (e.g. in refrigerators)
● Assist with weekly and monthly food cost reports
● Maintain sanitation and safety standards in the kitchen area
● High School Diploma/GED OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
● Previous experience as a Kitchen Manager or Sous Chef
● Experience in ordering, communicating with vendors, and knowledge of monthly inventory
● Familiarity with kitchen sanitation and safety regulations
● Organizational and problem-solving skills
● Ability to manage a fast-paced work environment
● Flexibility in work schedule(evenings, weekends,etc.)
● Food Manager Certification
● Certification from a culinary school or degree in Restaurant Management is a plus.
Personal attributes, knowledge and skills
Attributes● Sense of humor
● Empathy and compassion
● Creative problem solving
● Deep listening and attentive presence
● Intrinsically motivated
● Friendly disposition and gracious attitude
● Derive joy and fulfillment in being of service to others
● Healthy risk-taker
● Values and practices self-care
● Team player
● Basic knowledge of craft beer, including styles and flavors OR enthusiasm to learn and grow knowledge.
● Exceptional interpersonal skills, including being an active listener, giving full attention to guests’ and team members’ questions, concerns, and/or requests, as well as the ability and desire to engage with people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
● Technical – computer proficiency, especially point-of-sale systems.
Physical requirements and demands
● This is a highly physical position and requires team members to walk, climb, lift, bend, kneel, reach, stoop, crouch, crawl, and climb throughout their shifts.
● Must be able to be on their feet for up to 8 hours in a hot, wet, humid, cold, and loud environment.
● Work with potentially dangerous equipment, machinery, exposure to high noise levels, and handling of hazardous materials.
● Perform repetitive motions, especially of the hands and/or wrists.
● Work in both hot and cold temperatures.
YES! You should still apply if…
● you don’t have a lot of formal education. The right skills and the desire to learn are more important.
● you don’t have prior experience in the craft beverage industry. Our team would love to introduce you to our space and the industry.
● you have been formerly incarcerated. Your past circumstances don’t dictate your future potential.
● you think you are “sort of” qualified but not 100% qualified. Don’t sell yourself short, apply now!
The Fast Friends Guaranteed Healthy Living Wage evolved out of our company’s ethos, which centers the health and wellbeing of our community, from our in-house team to our guests.
Compensation: based on experience
Hours: 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week
Perks: Starter merchandise pack, including 3 shirts and a hat; 1 shift meal + 1 end-of-shift beer; off-shift discounts on merchandise, meals and beverages; paid time off; health & and dental plans available for full time employees
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com