Website Deep Ellum Brewing Co.
Manage the cellar team to execute beer production effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain all quality and safety standards set for beer production at CANarchy facilities
- Mastery of all Cellar Operator 1, Operator 2, and Technician 1 tasks
- Manage cellar related tasks and procedures in Orchestrated Beer
- Oversee planned and unplanned maintenance of cellar equipment
- Manage cellar labor scheduling and individual performance
- Maintain accurate standard operating procedures, logs, and safety documentation
- Ensure team is compliant with company polices and safety guidelines
- Communicates effectively and timely using either email, phone, text or verbal tools
- Screen, interview and hire new staff for cellar department.
- Lead training and management of all cellar personnel, production scheduling and raw materials ordering.
- Validate timecards for department personnel.
- Perform facility-specific duties as required or assigned.
- Support other departments when situations warrant and make connections between processes.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrate leadership and facilitate communication between departments.
- Demonstrate reliability, punctuality, and ability to multi-task.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate willingness to ask questions before proceeding with uncertainty.
- Demonstrate responsible and well-informed decision making.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. May be required to manage and support weekend and overnight shifts.
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: Director/General Manager of Brewery Operation (or Operations Manager, if applicable)
Manages Others: Yes
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree or vocational degree preferred
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years’ production brewery experience
Preferred Experience: Production brewery department management
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: Less than 10%
Driving Requirements: Yes
Tools & Equipment Used: Standard Office Equipment, Brewery equipment, Pallet Jack, Forklift, Scissor Lift
CANarchy values a diverse and inclusive workplace and believes that a career in craft beer should be accessible to all people. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to individuals of every race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.