Website Central District Brewing
Central District Brewing is an award-winning brewpub located in the heart of downtown Austin. We are seeking a manager that has a passion for craft beer and will promote the Austin craft beer industry. The position will report directly to ownership. Our general manager will be expected to lead and exemplify hospitality standards while managing taproom daily operations and staff.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Additional responsibilities and functions as needed.)
– Oversee day-to-day taproom operations
– Develop strong relationships with staff, customers, downtown businesses, and breweries
– Coordinate with events director to ensure execution of all onsite and offsite events
– Creation of taproom events that drive business and brand awareness
– Set job expectations and leading by example: plan, monitor, and review job contributions; and enforce policies and procedures.
– Manage inventory and invoices
– Participate in weekly strategy reviews with management
– Participate in bar shifts as scheduled.
– Must be eligible to work in the United States
– Understanding of Excel, Word and Illustrator.
– Highly motivated
– Well organized
– Lead by example
– Effective verbal & written communication skills focusing on clear and direct feedback
– Must sample and taste alcoholic products
– Must have 7 day a week availability
– Must have flexible schedule to accommodate early or late hours
– Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly & stand/walk for 8+ hours
– Have reliable transportation
– Service industry management
– Current TABC certification (or able to complete before starting)
– TX Certified Food Manager certification required (or able to complete before starting)
– Minimum of 1 years of supervisory experience in local market
– Cicerone (Level 1) certification or interest in acquiring preferred
– Start Date: Immediate
– TBD based on experience
To apply for this job please visit www.centraldistrictbrewing.com.