Website Breakaway Brewing Co.
Cycling themed brewery & gastropub in the Gov. Hill neighborhood
Breakaway Brewing Company will be a distinctively unique cycling themed brewery & gastropub in the Government Hill Neighborhood of San Antonio, Texas, with a planned soft opening on the 26th of January. We are looking to hire a full or part time bartender/server to round out our small team.
To apply head over to our website at https://www.breakawaybrewing.us/join-our-team, or email Sara directly at email@example.com.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
• Represent Breakaway Brewing Company (BaBC) as a brand Ambassador!
• Provide excellent customer service to visitors. i.e.) Greet and serve visitors in a positive
and friendly way. Greet everyone who visits the Taproom with a hello and a goodbye.
Treat everyone like a regular.
• Interact with visitors to develop and maintain a favorable public image. Answer questions
and educate guests about Breakaway Brewing Company, our beers and other products,
the differences between beer styles as well as the history and culture around Breakaway
Brewing Company and craft beer in general.
• Educate customers on how to sample beer. (Color, Clarity, carbonation, head retention,
aroma, mouthfeel/body, flavors, finish)
• Promote other items we offer for sale.
• Promote Breakaway Brewing Company events and specials.
• Complete all paperwork involved to day-to-day operations (inventory sheets, gift certificate
sheets, keg order forms, incident reports etc.)
• Compile daily receipts and other paperwork per BaBC procedure for processing.
• Maintain comfort & cleanliness throughout the Taproom, Storage Areas, cooler, office, and
• Ensure the Taproom, bar and bar area, counters, sinks, utensils, coolers, shelving, and
storage areas are clean and comply with established sanitation standards, personal
hygiene, and health standards at all times.
• Report all equipment problems, bar maintenance issues, violations, or substandard
practices to your supervisor immediately upon encountering a problem.
• Attend staff meetings, events and other functions required.
• Promote good public relations and handle complaints and concerns of guests.
• Report any issues with Cask or draft system immediately to Taproom Manager.
• Assist with inventory procedures. Alert Supervisor about shortages or discrepancies.
• Minimize waste by ensuring all sales go through POS system properly and the Draft &
Cask Systems are operating optimally at all times.
• Collect payment for all sales
• Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with
• Keep abreast of policies and procedures and current developments in local, state, and
federal laws applicable to the service of alcohol, safe food handling, health standards etc.
• Participation in Continuing Education and Networking Events, including but not limited to
those given by the Brewers Association and the Texas Craft Brewers Guild.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• At least 5 years of experience in the beer, spirits, or food/beverage industry.
• Basic knowledge of beer offerings (flavors, ingredients, etc.) in order to answer questions
from customers, as well as conduct tastings.
• Prior customer service or supervisory experience preferred
• Certified Beer Server course and exam highly recommended and desired, but not
required. (Paid for or Reimbursed by BaBC, upon successful completion and copy of
official results and receipt provided)
• Ability to work a flexible schedule: days, nights, holidays and or weekends.
• Current TABC Alcohol Server’s Training Certificate (Paid for or Reimbursed by BaBC,
upon successful completion and copy of official results and receipt provided)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interest in/passion for craft beer
• Strong communication and administration skills to interact with customers, vendors, and
coworkers in a professional manner.
• Must possess superior organizational skills.
• Possess the ability to multi-task and manage stressful circumstances associated with a
fast paced work environment.
• Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
• Strong customer relations skills.
• Analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative
• Positive professional attitude.
• Team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, talk, hear, and perform repetitive
motions with hands and/or wrists.
• Ability to occasionally exert up to 50 pounds of force, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
This position requires the regular use of a computer, printer, copier, telephone, scanner,
calculator, cash register, iPad and iPad based POS systems and related apps, smartphone and
related software. Position also requires basic knowledge of draft system.
While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental
conditions, extreme heat, potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and unpleasant tasks such as handling garbage.