- Must have 3 years of brewing experience or more in a microbrewery or larger brewery
- Formal brewing education, training, certifications, or accreditations are a plus
- A thorough knowledge and ownership of production from source to glass including malt milling equipment, brew house equipment, and cellar equipment
- Skills applicable to general maintenance functions, including mechanical, and electrical are a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision in a collaborative and dynamic environment, while efficiently prioritizing tasks and effectively managing workload
- Iron-clad reliability and professionalism both onsite and at company events/outings
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as programs to track inventory, sales, keg float, etc Knowledge of eKos a plus
- Support and promote AquaBrew’s mission and company culture
- Maintain visual aesthetics of the brewery and its equipment
- Maintain and operate the brewery systems and equipment for peak efficiency
- Oversee all aspects of brewery activity, including pre-brew preparation, fermentation, dry-hopping, conditioning, carbonation, and preparation for packaging according to brewery standards
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment, following scheduling and required volumes
- Ensure daily brewing activities are completed in a timely manner
- Manage inventory of all ingredients, chemicals, equipment, gases, packaging cans/kegs/labels needed to ensure availability thereby prevention of production interruptions
- Develop new beers
- Maintain keg inventory, ensure kegs are cleaned/stored properly/Record production and batch/lot data using standard log sheets with meticulous accuracy
- Coordinate with owners regarding issues/problems, recommend solutions
- Comply with all local, state and federal alcohol and beer laws
This job is physical. You’ll be lifting kegs, twisting/turning, reaching, climbing, bending, stooping, standing, working in hot/cold/wet conditions.
Participation in select beer festivals and sales events may require evening and weekend availability and/or traveling outside of San Marcos.
Sponsorship to join industry groups such as the Texas Craft Brewers’ Guild and Pink Boots Society Positive and fun company culture, including team-building events & Free beer!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org