Brewer – San Marcos, Texas
Reports to: Director of Brewing Ops
Complete responsibility over the production and packaging of beer according to established guidelines and directives set forth by company leadership
In accordance with the goals of the company, the Head Brewer is responsible for managing all aspects of the brewery but not limited to: brewing operations, management/staff development and training, production forecasting and ingredient procurement, customer satisfaction, quality standards, and general communications with employees, vendors, customers, and corporate support staff.
Minimum 5 years brewing experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Brewing on a 3-vessel 30 BBL brewhouse, maximizing output at all times
• Recipe formulation and documentation (guided by BOD)
• Production forecasting and management
• Proper usage of various chemicals and cleaning solutions for CIP
• Yeast harvesting, pitching, and general handling
• Manage hops inventory and work with leadership to secure contracts as needed
• Transferring finished beer to conditioning and packaging tanks
• Carbonating beer to consistent levels using a carbonation stone
• Packaging beer into kegs, cans, and occasionally bottles
• CIP procedures for brewhouse and cellar including general disassembly/reassembly of cellar tanks, filter, and brewhouse
• Ability to maintain detailed documentation of all tasks performed and recorded in brewery management software (eKos)
• Accurate filing of monthly and yearly internal and external production/inventory reports
• Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Work with Ekos and develop proficiency in the software. Maximize the use / impact of software on process control. Every step of production of every batch is documented in eKos
• Perform according to ISO900X certification. Document everything.
• Ability to understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Availability to work flexible hours (including occasional special event weekends and evening promotional events)
• Autonomous yet works well with a team
• Attend Guild Events like brewer nights and local conferences.
• Gets the job done. Present leadership with proposals to enter various competitions during the year.
Take inventory and contribute when and where needed to complete weekly inventory.
Will supervise staff of up to 2 team members on the shift (as we grow). Must collaborate well with peers and corporate leadership.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
• Takes directive well from management, maintains positive attitude. Capable of adapting to business needs and solving problems quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and exercise sound judgment.
• Has a functional understanding of Profit & Loss statements, costs controls, and brewery operations.
• Demonstrates stamina, focus, compliance, and service-driven abilities while managing their shift.
• Internal candidates should have a good record of achieving results and have an above average knowledge of the brand’s operating procedures and standards.
• Ability to comfortably speak, write and comprehend English in a business setting.
• Does everything possible to run a financially efficient operation as possible by bundling orders, forecasting, managing resources and effectively finding ways to repitch yeast and minimize input costs.
• Must have good written and oral communication skills.
• Must have good customer service skills.
• Must be able to perceive and react to the needs of others.
• Must be organized, flexible and able to deal with various personalities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Troubleshooting mechanical problems and using proper tools to repair
• Ability to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
• Must be able to perform basic physical tasks during the duration of the shift, including ability to repeatedly lift and maneuver 50-170 pounds
AquaBrew was established in 2016 as a brewpub in the heart of San Marcos. As of March of 2021, the brewery was relocated to 110 E MLK Dr, a production facility with a taproom. The new production facility is equipped with a 3-vessel 30 barrel Premier Stainless brewhouse. We have 1,000 barrels of fermentation, Wild Goose canning line and plate and free filter (all stainless). We are currently ramping up production and sales and are hiring in all positions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org