Who is American Canning?
We are a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are a fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas that takes pride being a premium quality supplier of can packaging solutions to beverage manufacturers worldwide. We are proud of the work we do supporting small businesses and insist on having a lot of fun doing it!
What is the Job?
The role the Production Manager will be to provide general oversight of the entire can sleeving production process, ensuring quality and safety standards on the production line, generating and maintaining production/shift schedules, and managing consistent equipment maintenance, all in accordance with American Canning’s mission and values. This is an execution-heavy role. Demonstrated experience in production schedule optimization and management in a small to mid-size business environment is critical.
What will you do?
- Generate and maintain a production schedule based on order dates, batching by size/style whenever possible.
- Coordinate and cooperate with your team and other departments such as Sales, Customer Service, and Purchasing to ensure timely order production for our customers.
- Schedule downtime for equipment maintenance and cleaning of sleeve applicator machine, depalletizing/repalletizing machines, conveyance, heat tunnels, and steam boilers. Maintain spare parts inventory for these machines.
- Lead and manage a manufacturing production team with multiple shifts.
- Track materials inventory for production and communicate with Purchasing department appropriately to maintain availability.
- Develop and document team SOP’s. American Canning is growing and changing fast. Procedure and process documentation is an area that needs development and ongoing creation.
What do we expect?
- Deep understanding of how to create, maintain, and execute an efficient production schedule in a fast-paced, quickly chancing environment. You must be flexible.
- A proactive, preventative approach to machine maintenance.
- Lead, delegate, and support. Face the tasks at hand with confidence and fortitude, and inspire your team to go the distance with you. A team-oriented, servant leadership approach is critical for this role to manage your team in a manner that matches our company values. The work must happen, but the people make it happen.
- A keen eye for detail. The small stuff matters. The Production Manager is ultimately responsible for maintaining American Canning quality standards on all sleeved can orders that leave our facility.
What is required?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a production management role.
- Production and capacity planning experience. Proven ability to forecast and manage lead times.
- Excellent resource and materials management skills.
- Time and priority management. Ability to manage numerous ongoing projects is a must.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems in fast-paced workplace.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution experience.
- Mechanical intuition and experience.
- General manufacturing/warehouse safety standards knowledge and understanding. Food/Beverage manufacturing facility experience is ideal.
- Forklift and other warehouse equipment operation experience is a plus!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- Physical requirements:
- Ability to squat, bend, kneel, etc. for up to several hours at times.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., overhead at times.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, hardworking, fun-loving team, we hope you’ll consider applying. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org