Website American Canning
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to craft manufacturers throughout North America in every beverage category.
What is the job?
The Sales Team Director overseas all sales operations relating to aluminum can packaging and packaging supplies. They develop strategic plans to meet sales targets and monitor sales performance, keeping a keen eye on industry trends and the competitive landscape, assisting with projections, and helping develop sales forecasts/budgets. Overseeing the inside sales, outside sales, and customer service teams, the Director of Supply Sales is also responsible for meeting with sales/service managers to assess performance and help lead/motivate the team to achieve sales goals and maintain a high level of service with all clients. They cultivate and grow lasting relationships both with the team and American Canning’s customers.
A successful candidate will….
Be a skilled manager.
- Overseeing multiple sales/service teams, the Director of Can Sales isn’t just proficient in selling; they are highly intentional, collaborative, and experienced servant leaders.
Have high EQ.
- We are a fast growing, fast paced company. Successful candidates will have the capacity to control their own emotions, as well as comprehend the emotions of others, building strong relationships, reducing stress, defusing conflict, and improving overall satisfaction for the team.
Be adept at planning.
- Successful candidates will have the ability to translate company vision into reality by developing and communicating strategic plans that achieve departmental goals on time and in full.
Be comfortable working with data/numbers.
- Candidates in this role aren’t solely concerned with meeting sales numbers, rather they prioritize analyzing and understanding all the data available to them. They stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends to identify strategic positioning, helping build sales forecasts and budgets on perceived opportunities.
- Candidates will have a natural warmth with team members and applicants alike; easily relatable, and keen at adapting their communication style to meet others where they are.
What do we expect?
- Develop and executive strategic plans to achieve sales targets.
- Create and communicate sales goals to ensure key stakeholders are informed of the current status.
- Build and maintain long-lasting, meaningful relationships with customers and team members alike.
- Work alongside customers to better understand their business objectives, goals, and packaging needs.
- Understand industry trends and the competitive landscape.
- Effective communication of value propositions through presentations and proposals.
- Monitor and report shifts in the marketplace and impact to budgets/forecasts.
- Promptly handle customer escalations.
- Actively assist in the implementation of sales/marketing systems.
- Enter/maintain accurate data in all sales systems.
- Participate in meetings/events as requested, either with the team or individual customers.
- Excellent organization and ability to track projects at once.
What is required?
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain, operations, or related field; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a sales management role; management/leadership training preferred.
- 3+ years of experience selling in a business to business (B2B) environment.
- 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing-based business.
- Understanding of beverage manufacturing, can packaging, and/or custom artwork orders preferred.
- Experience managing orders within an ERP environment preferred (NetSuite, Sage, Oracle, X3, etc)
- Experience with CRM software preferred (Salesforce, Zendesk, etc)
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Salary Role: Not commission based
- Company covers premiums of medical (up to 99%) and dental/vision (both up to 50%)
- Retirement Plan (401k + 4% Matching)
- Generous vacation and sick time each year
- Two paid volunteer days a year
- 2 Flex Holidays a year
- Paid Holidays
- Family Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
- Long-Term Disability
- Fun Company Events, Department Outings, and Cookouts
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com