Website American Canning
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to craft manufacturers throughout North America in every beverage category.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the AR/AP Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day transactional accounting functions by owning certain AP/AR tasks and other related accounting tasks as needed.
A successful candidate will…
Be Incredibly Adaptable – We are a fast growing, and quickly changing company. As we enhance our systems and processes, we will need you to thrive with the expansion.
Be Naturally Inquisitive – You have an inquisitive mind, can spot discrepancies, and are motivated to get to the root of the problem.
Be Highly Methodical – You are able to organize your responsibilities and are motivated to to fully complete those responsibilities in a timely manner.
Be a Team Player – You are willing to collaborate with fellow team members to solve problems. You are willing to lend a helping hand when needed but also aren’t afraid to ask for help when you’re stuck.
What will you do?
- Manage the payables inbox by inputting bills into NetSuite (NS), confirming that correct accounting codes are used
- Manage and maintain vendor records in NS
- Respond to vendor inquiries in a timely manner
- Reconcile credit card expenses and ensure correct posting in NS
- Review expense reports for accuracy, completeness, timely submission, and approvals
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Maintain clear communication with the accounting and purchasing teams on any issues that may arise with bills or past-due accounts
- Prepare weekly payables for review with the CFO. Issue payments to vendors as approved by setting up ACH and wire payments for approval. Clear payments in NS
- Manage the receivables inbox daily by responding to customers and customer service inquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain and update customer files, including name changes, banking information, terms, and contact information
- Issue customer statements
- Assist accounting and customer service by reaching out to customers that have past-due accounts and customers that are outside of their credit terms
- Prepare, post, verify, and record customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable. Input Versapay and Shopify deposits into NS
- Prepare AR aging reports for review with the VP of Sales and CFO
- Process routine monthly payments as approved
- Create invoices according to company practices and send open invoices to customers
- Draft correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identify delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contact delinquent accountholders to request payment
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts
- Collaborate with the Sr Accountant to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic basis
- Reconcile cash accounts on a weekly basis
- Assist Sr Accountant in reconciling revenue accounts each month
- Relay changes of information to appropriate employees
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What do we expect?
- Solid understanding of bookkeeping / accounting practices and procedures
- Experience with accounting software, such as NetSuite or other ERP accounting software preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Strong Excel experience (V-lookup, Pivot Tables, SUMIF)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers, vendors, employees and management
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (3 years’ experience in manufacturing accounting)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred (6 months experience in manufacturing accounting).
- Company covers premiums of medical (up to 99%) and dental/vision (both up to 50%)
- Retirement Plan (401k + 4% Matching)
- Generous vacation and sick time each year
- Two paid volunteer days a year
- Paid Holidays
- Family Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
- Long-Term Disability
- Fun Company Events, Department Outings, and Cookouts
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org