*The QA Analyst will support Quality, Food Safety, Sanitation, Environmental Monitoring, and continuous improvement initiatives throughout the facility. The QA Analyst will do this by monitoring and reporting trends, supporting food safety supervision, and tracking quality metrics. This includes development, maintenance and improvement of the Food Safety Program and Quality System including sanitation, GMP’s, HACCP, traceability, non-conformance management, auditing, recall, analytical and microbiology lab management etc. and development of KPIs for improvement strategies.
Alamo Beer Co. is prepared to invest significantly in the professional development and knowledge of the QA Analyst with appropriate consultants and outside educational opportunity, as well as investments in strengthening the lab.
Key responsibilities include:
· Conduct audits as assigned and required (ie, CIP, micro sampling)
· Oversee Quality Assurance and provide guidance on their activities pertaining to quality, specification attainment and food safety standards
· Manage and Maintain Internal Audit/Sampling schedule, assign corrective actions for deviations, and train production team-members as needed.
· Participate in weekly discussions and support with product dispositions
· Maintain, update procedures and documentation – conduct required and appropriate training
· Monitor and Maintain QA records and communicate issues
· Perform special projects as assigned (Continuous improvement, etc).
· Oversee QA testing and inspections for batches/lots across manufacturing stages form wort to BT, review results, communicate non conformances, maintain appropriate records and logs.
· Train and update QA and plant personnel in procedures and methods.
· Promote a safe working environment and good GMP’s
· Committed to providing a safe beverage product
· Maintain & Develop SOP’s and guide training to improve efficiency and reduce risk of quality failures
· Works within all regulatory requirements
· Perform all other related duties as requested
· Support product disposition decisions
· Microbiological Duties will include, but not be limited to, HLP and other micro media testing (ie qPCR), yeast management, yeast cell counts, plating, viability testing and lab management.
· The professional will deliver weekly reports via email and hard copy to the Brewmaster and Lead Brewer
· Lab countertops will be kept clean, table tops clean and orderly and shelving kept organized and free of clutter.
· BS degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent experience.
· May become a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI Certificate)
· Preferably would be HACCP Certified
· Previous QA brewery experience
· High degree of computer literacy.
· Working knowledge of GMP’s, HACCP, Sanitation.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task and delegate
· Must be able to lift 50lbs unassisted
· Organizational and analytical skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com